“Some people eat to live and some people live to eat.”
I definitely fall under the “live to eat” category. And anyone who regularly follows my Instagram story will know that I eat out A LOT! Whether it’s spending my lunch breaks discovering new street food at some of the cities best food markets, coming up with excuses to visit all of the most luxurious restaurants in the capital or frantically trying to get a reservation at a cool new pop-up, my life these days seems to pretty much revolve around food.
However, any other London foodies out there like me will know that there are several problems food lovers regularly encounter, especially when it comes to eating out in London…
- Picking which restaurant you want to try next – there are literally thousands to choose from!
- The complicated process of trying to book a last minute table at that cool new spot you wanted to try
- Waiting forever for the waiter to bring you the bill (*ahem* we’re waiting to get to the bar!)
- Splitting the bill with a group of friends, without someone sneakily underpaying
- And the big one… being able to afford it all!
So when I discovered CAKE app, a new payment app, I knew they were onto something big. They had managed to solve all of my problems in one convenient little app…
1. Picking which restaurant you want to try next
CAKE allows you to search through a fantastic selection of the best restaurants, cafes and bars in your local area. Just type in your location and see what’s out there waiting.
2. The complicated process of trying to book a last minute table at that cool new spot
You can then book any of CAKE’s restaurants directly through the app, as well as make any changes to the reservation.
3. Waiting forever for the waiter to bring you the bill
Just start a tab, give the waiter your tab number at any point throughout the evening, and when you’re done you can just pay on your phone and leave when you’re ready.
4. Splitting the bill with a group of friends
Everyone with the app can join the same tab so that you can split the bill in either equal proportions or by choosing to pay for whichever dishes or drinks were yours, as well as a percentage of the service charge. If anyone doesn’t have the app, they can still pay their share using the old-fashioned method of cash or card.
5. Being able to afford it!
Saving the best until last… YOU EARN BACK CREDIT WHEN YOU PAY! Depending on the restaurant, the day or the time, CAKE will give you up to 20% of your bill back in free credit to use on your next meal out. Eat away foodies!
UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2017: Unfortunately, CAKE App is currently unavailable as the company goes through some exciting changes. Check back soon to find out more about CAKE’s next step!